Upon completion of this workshop, the healthcare professional will be able to:
- Review studies that prove T4 therapy does not improve symptoms or metabolic parameters despite normalization of TSH level
- Recall whyT4 therapy can lower T3 levels and not raise them as theorized.
- Discuss why physicians prescribe thyroid hormone in euthyroid patients, which one works and which one does not.
- Evaluate why patients feel well only when the thyroid hormone levels are elevated and the TSH is suppressed.
- Navigate through the political and economic bias of the various studies in order to better understand and discuss the denigration of DTE by thyroid organizations but the documented preference of DTE by patients in multiple studies.