HYBRID EVENT | 8th Annual Academic Summit
Welcome to the 25th Anniversary teaching evidence based medicine on the benefits of BHRT
Join us as we explore where we came from and where we are today, 25 years later. We will be presenting the very latest research on the foundational benefits hormone therapy offers chronic disease management, This includes cardiovascular, cognition, bone support, obesity and insulin resistance. It’s the tools you need and research to support making a difference for patients.
In addition we will look at hormone biology on a cellular level to include mitochondrial health and autophagy, hormones as it relates to addiction, prostate cancer updates, and food/diet as it relates to insulin resistance. Lastly, case studies for practical clinical application and another Telemedicine update round out the agenda. More on our special keynote speakers coming soon.
At the Academy for Preventive and Innovative Medicine we’ve been researching and reporting on this for 25 years, no one knows hormone optimization and chronic disease management better than we do.
- Cross state licensure for the following scenarios:
- Patient who originate in person but are traveling
- Patients who originate in person but then move to another state
- Patient who originate out-of-state
- Patient who travels to initiate care in the state the prescriber is in and then return to their state
- Impacted by writing script or diagnosing and treating versus providing consultive/educational communications
- Medical malpractice coverage for patients whose stated residence is outside the state of healthcare professionals’ office/practice/insurance
- Electronic communication consent/risk mitigation for virtual patients (out of state).
- CURES Act compliance
- Does the provider need to have a license and DEA in the state the prescription is written or the state the patient lives in
- Can controlled substances i.e. testosterone be prescribed via telehealth
- NEW YORK: testosterone is C2 i.e. no telehealth in New York?
- CALIFORNIA: whether publication of medical educational information that is non-allopathic (outside of scientific community consensus) triggers exposure with laws intended to regulate medical information dissemination that allegedly poses public health risks
- NON-SUBSCRIPTION PRACTICES: Are virtual consults for cash medicare/Medicaid compliant or not and why? Are there business and compliance reasons to focus more on subscription pricing?
- Update on pending telehealth legislation