Upon completion of this workshop, the healthcare professional will be able to:
- Identify the organs that make up the immune system.
- Describe how inflammation plays a role in protecting and also can harm the body when in excess.
- Recall the different medical conditions associated with low grade inflammation.
- List the four core strategies to help improve immunity.
- Discuss the six different immune supplements that can improve immunity and methods of administration, in addition to recommended dosages.
Kristi Hales, R.Ph.
Pharmacy Clinical Specialist
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by The Foundation for Care Management (FCM) and Worldlink Medical. FCM is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This program is approved for 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credits.
This program is approved for 1.0 Nursing Contact hour of Education.
Kristi Hales, R.Ph. is an employee of Medquest.
Mary Corry, MSN and Dana Burnett, M. Ed. have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
All relevant financial relationships for faculty, planning committee and program reviewers have been reviewed and mitigated.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy
Identify, Mitigate, and disclose Relevant Financial Relationships
Many healthcare professionals have financial relationships with ineligible companies. These relationships must not be allowed to influence accredited continuing education. The Foundation for Care Management (FCM) as the accredited provider is responsible for identifying relevant financial relationships between individuals in control of educational content and ineligible companies and managing these to ensure they do not introduce commercial bias into the
education. Financial relationships are defined as relevant if the educational content is related to the business lines or products of the ineligible company. As an accredited provider FCM collects information from planners, faculty and others in control of educational content and conducts an extensive review process. Financial relationship are identified, reviewed and mitigated. In some cases speakers and committee members may be excluded. All relevant financial relationships are disclosed to the learner in this handout as required by the ACCME.
Enroll today with a Premium Membership for $495/year, for access to THIS course and:
- All 1 Hour Accredited Courses (28+ more added monthly)
- All upcoming Accredited Monthly Webinars
- All upcoming Journal Clubs AND Journal Club Library
- EBSCOhost – research articles for the BHRT Workshop Series and to support your own evidence based studies!