Upon completion of this workshop, the healthcare professional will be able to:
- Review studies that prove T4 therapy does not improve symptoms or metabolic parameters despite normalization of TSH level
- Recall whyT4 therapy can lower T3 levels and not raise them as theorized.
- Discuss why physicians prescribe thyroid hormone in euthyroid patients, which one works and which one does not.
- Evaluate why patients feel well only when the thyroid hormone levels are elevated and the TSH is suppressed.
- Navigate through the political and economic bias of the various studies in order to better understand and discuss the denigration of DTE by thyroid organizations but the documented preference of DTE by patients in multiple studies.
Neal Rouzier, MD
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by The Foundation for Care Management (FCM) and Worldlink Medical. FCM is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This program is approved for 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credits.
This program is approved for 1.0 Nursing Contact hour of Education.
Enroll today with a Premium Membership for $495/year, for access to THIS course and:
- All 1 Hour Accredited Courses (28+ more added monthly)
- All upcoming Accredited Monthly Webinars
- All upcoming Journal Clubs AND Journal Club Library
- EBSCOhost – research articles for the BHRT Workshop Series and to support your own evidence based studies!