Part Two follows the Part One series with advanced concepts and up-to-date research. This two and one-half day seminar will keep you current on the appropriate skills needed to manage everyday problems. It will serve as a short refresher, including important new therapies, clinical pearls, tricks of the trade, advanced techniques and difficult case management sessions. The field of age management medicine continues to grow at a rapid rate, making it difficult to stay abreast of all the changes. Included in Part Two is an hour-long lecture that reviews the scientific literature giving credence for this type of practice. Over 200 peer-reviewed articles, the foundation for Dr. Rouzier’s advanced course, will be provided as a reference for the participant. This is the same lecture Dr. Rouzier gives to medical academies to inform physicians of the health benefits of age management therapies.
Part II: Mastering the Protocols for Optimization of Hormone Replacement Therapy - Advanced Protocols - September 2020
This course has been approved for 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits, 21 Nursing Contact Hours (21 pharmacologic hours), 21 Hours Pharmacy Credit (knowledge based)
Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
All participants will receive an electronic syllabus, a printed syllabus is available for the additional cost of $40.00. The eSyllabus will be available for download at least one week prior to the course. An email notification will be sent when it is available for download and will include links and instructions. This early release provides an opportunity to download and review the materials prior to the course.
PLEASE NOTE: We request you download the material prior to the event as internet access in the meeting room may be limited. We will also have flash drives available for those that find this easier than downloading. The syllabus can be saved in Adobe Reader which allows participants to add "sticky notes" directly on the slide as the speaker is talking. THese notes can be saved permanently to your document. Other recommended applications include iBooks (for apple mobile devices) and iAnnotate (for mobile devices). Lastly, put perhaps most important for many of us, a printed syllabus is available with an option for good old fashioned note taking.
Upon completion of this workshop, the healthcare professional will be able to:
1. Identify important issues in the relationship between hormones and cancer: cause, provocation or protection?
2. Outline problem-solving techniques for difficult cases presenting with multiple disease processes and the potential benefits of hormones.
3. Discuss literature citing new indications, risks, benefits and complications of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone therapy.
4. Determine advanced treatment modalities and dosing strategies for estrogen and progesterone, including new and specific approaches to these therapies.
5. Describe important aspects of the WHI findings: identify the experts that refute this study, and other factors not included in the trials that would change the conclusions.
6. Determine advanced treatment modalities, including new and specific approaches to HGH, thyroid and testosterone in age management and disease prevention.
7. Discuss over 40 articles that demonstrate thyroid replacement does not cause osteoporosis, even in TSH suppressive doses.
8. Identify various new therapies for erectile/sexual dysfunction in men and women.
9. Evaluate the epidemiology of cardiovascular disease and diabetes and the various treatment strategies as they pertain to medication, diet, exercise, lifestyle change and nutritional supplements.
10. Explore the role of omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, niacin, glucose, and their influence on insulin, inflammation, disease progression and atherosclerosis.
11. Describe the strategies for using the new cardiovascular risk markers, inflammation markers, new lipid parameters and how to make sense of all the new lipid fractionation components.
12. Identify rational approaches to vitamins and supplements with a review of the medical literature supporting their use in wellness as well as citing any harmful effects and interactions.
13. Determine current screening methods and management strategies of the most common pre-menopausal hormone disorder, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) in addition to, implementing diagnostic and treatment strategies for PCOS.
14. Apply diagnostic and treatment strategies for hirsutism and hair loss.
15. Implement strategies for treating osteoporosis using hormone replacement therapy.
16. Provide insightful and clinically meaningful cases to better help clinicians improve their practice and patient outcomes.
Dr. Neal Rouzier is a pioneer in the bio identical hormone replacement field, practicing almost since its inception in the early 1990’s. He has dedicated his life’s work to uncovering the medical literature that supports safe and effective protocols for unique and personalized patient care. He is the Director of the Preventive Medicine Clinics of the Desert, specializing in the medical management of aging and preventive care for men and women. He has treated more than 2,000 patients with natural hormone replacement therapy and is recognized as a renowned leader and expert in the field. Additionally, Dr. Rouzier is the author of Natural Hormone Replacement for Men and Women: How to Achieve Healthy Aging. He has over 16 years of experience as an educator and practicing physician, and 29 years of Emergency Medicine experience at Queen of the Valley Hospital in West Covina, CA.
Cancellation and/or course change requests received more than 3 weeks in advance of the event will receive a full credit (less a $50.00 change fee) which will be applied to your account as a credit for use towards a future event/service. Any cancellations and/or changes received less than 3 weeks before the event, will incur a $350.00 processing fee and the remaining balance will be credited to your account.
Cancellations received less than 3 days prior to the start of the event are non-refundable. No shows are also non-refundable.
AMA PRA Category 1 CME Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Foundation for Care Management (FCM) and Worldlink Medical. The Foundation for Care Management is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
FCM designates this educational activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
The ACCME defines a “Commercial Interest” as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients.
The Foundation for Care Management is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
The Foundation for Care Management is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Program 0347-9999-20-002-L01-P Objectives appropriate for pharmacists. This activity is 20 Contact Hours Pharmacy Credit. *This CME is Knowledge Based (K). Initial release May 4, 2018
Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
Block Room Rate is $219.00
Nearest Airport - O'Hare International Airport